You’ve built the ideal she shed, craft room, book nook or yoga room. Now, decorate your cozy space especially for you.
- Decide on a theme, such as warm and woodsy, beachy and nautical, or boho chic.
- Decorate around a favorite statement piece, such as a comfy tufted sofa and chair, or a thick, plush area rug.
- Incorporate warm lighting that you can adjust, such as lights with dimmer switches, glowing light strings or programmable smart lights that change colors.
- Use “hide-away” furniture, such as sleeper sofas or Murphy beds.
- Include your pets’ cozy beds.
- Keep an electric blanket or warm afghan handy for frigid nights.
- Incorporate plants in wooden pots for a cozy cabin feel or large tropical palms for a warm beach vibe.
- Include a coffee maker or electric tea kettle for fresh, hot brews.
- Decorate with your kids’ artwork, vacation photos or favorite souvenirs.
Infographic provided by Sofas & Sectionals